Engineer Intern (26743) Broussard, Louisiana
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This is the intern level for field engineering work. Performs assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives. Assist engineers and field service personnel with the completion of any tasks to include design, analysis, testing or reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of an engineer or field supervisor, perform fundamental field service and engineering tasks using established procedures, these include, but are not limited to: stress analysis, material selection, cost estimation and tolerance studies.
- Observe and assist in operations the principal service tools in an assigned service area, assisting in the operation of a service unit to maintain a high standard of efficiency and quality
- Gain an intimate knowledge of the latest technological changes and operating procedures pertaining to Company equipment, tools, and practices to insure maximum operating efficiency with a minimum of lost time.
- Observe and assist operations crew in the preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment. Assuring adherence to all safety regulations
- Assist in detection of unusual conditions noted at the well, maintaining direct contact with service supervisor throughout the logging or completion of operations; interpret common services in the assigned service area.
- Maintain assigned equipment and facilities in a neat, workable condition and conduct self in an exemplary manner at all times.
- Assist in preparing drafts, logs, and calculations on well conditions
- Perform engineering layouts for fit, form and function checking.
- Preparation of documentation for engineering files.
- Assist in laboratory testing as required.
- Become familiar with the Weatherford Design and Documentation Standards.
- Completed at least two years of a four year B.S. Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Must be capable of utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and internet software programs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions and work closely with fellow employees.