X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) Specialist / Geologist (20533) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Qualitative interpretation of XRD patterns to determine types of bulk (whole rock) and clay minerals present.
- Quantitative interpretation of XRD patterns to determine relative amounts of bulk (whole rock) and clay minerals present.
- Oversee XRD sample preparation procedures.
- Load XRD system and input proper scanning parameters.
- Provide basic equipment maintenance.
- Understanding of XRD principles and physics, especially with regard to rock and mineral analysis. Make formal and informal presentations of same to clients on asneeded basis.
- Meet all daily and monthly production requirements.
- Assist in training of XRD personnel including Lab Technicians.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in XRD
- Attention to detail
- Basic knowledge and understanding of XRD principles and physics
- Ability to verbally communicate well with all levels of employees
- Must be able to follow written protocols
- BS in Geology, Material Science, or equivalent
Advanced Degree in Geology, Material Science, or equivalent