Mechanical Design Technologist or Engineer - Sustaining Project (22963) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Sustaining Designer is responsible to follow engineering procedure in continuing engineering and technical support of released products, as assigned by the supervisor. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of technical documentation, rapid response design projects, and technical field incident investigations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire engineering change request process in order to ensure improvements are quickly validated and implemented
- Interface with Operations, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing to take proper disposition of inventory
- Investigate and diagnose technical field issues and recommend corrective action
- Provide expertise for equipment development for rapid response projects
- Contribute to maintaining the standards, integrity, and accuracy of documents generated by the engineering department
- Generate drawings as required
- Ensure organization and thorough documentation of assigned projects
- Follow applicable quality system procedures and work instructions
- Follow company safety policies and procedures
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Graduate from a technical design program at a north american institute of technology, north american college, or engineering program at a north american university.
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD and MS Office
- Experience with Pro-Engineer is preferred
- Experience with down hole tool design is preferred
- Familiarity with windows-based software and solid keyboard skills
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.