Technical Sales Representative (23856) Midland, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Generate business and increase revenues through sales of Weatherford products and services. Provide technical knowledge and support to customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work within an established geographical area to generate new business and increase revenues.
• Develop and maintain long term customer relationships.
• Develop and maintain contract with key decision-makers within customer base.
• Advise other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation and sales of products and/or services of the company.
• May propose changes to products and/or services.
• Act as liaison between Weatherford and customers.
• Monitor and report drilling and work-over activity in the area.
• Provide input as to changing market conditions so as to assist with input in marketing strategy.
• Generate and submit bids to customers as requested.
• Relate field/customer problems to management so as to ensure speedy resolution.
• Travel to worksite to make sure equipment arrives and is returned and meets customer requirements.
• Provide input in the development of new products and services.
• May assist Sales Management with formulation of sales strategies and yearly budget.
• Requires to work on a 24 hours call basis.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Sufficient engineering or technical knowledge to make complex engineering and economic decisions to convince potential buyers of the practical value of the product or service.
• Extensive sales experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Weatherford equipment, products, and services as well as those of competitors.
• Self-motivator, self-starter.
• Should be able to work closely with fellow employees and customers.
• Requires 5 years Sales experience.