Fleet Leader - Canada (27384) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
As a high profile, key member of the procurement team, the Fleet Leader - Canada has responsibility for providing strategic leadership and management direction for all aspects of Weatherford Canada’s Vehicle and Material Handling Equipment fleet including: strategic sourcing, procurement strategy, maintenance and compliance of regulatory guidelines and standards related to fleet and fleet licensing for a multi-provincial fleet. This role will direct both internal and external policies and processes to ensure an integrated fleet sourcing and management system that meets customer requirements, and minimizes the total cost while maximizing effectiveness. Establishing quality standards that are responsive to the business and implementing best in class processes will be key requirements of this role.
- Lead the purchasing and sourcing functions in setting and achieving strategic objectives for supplier negotiations, seeking out opportunities to drive cost reductions and proactively identify and act upon key trends.
- Analyze and manage vehicle inventory levels in support of company's financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain strategic alliances with key suppliers and negotiate favorable terms and service level agreements.
- Ensure customer expectations are met (i.e. fit for purpose, equipment availability, upfitting, etc.)
- Establish and monitor KPI's (vehicle availability and delivery timeliness) and metrics associated with Model Year changes and Build-Out dates from OEM’s to prevent/reduce out of stock situations.
- Accountability for all of the financial processes related to role.
- Represent the corporate view in supporting and enabling the consistent application of all processes, policies and guidelines.
- Coach and mentor the Fleet team to ensure that a collaborative environment is supported that integrates sales, service, parts and support groups in reaching organizational goals
- Take a continuous improvement approach to managing productivity, effectiveness and efficiency
- Interact with individuals at every level within the organization and use highly developed communication skills to effectively build relationships with all levels of management and employees.
- Establish systems and processes to ensure compliance with Federal and Provincial regulatory policy and procedure(s) pertaining to vehicle registration and licensing.
- Control and facilitate the coordination of fleet transfers and disposals.
- Responsible for the creation and updating of specifications for the leasing/purchase of new Model Year vehicles and Material Handling Equipment.
- Review, analyze, and coordinate with Legal to assure legal documents (contracts, leases, etc.) protect Weatherford from risk and meet Weatherford’s requirements.
Competencies to be Successful in the Position
- Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging – understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring – influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving – delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
- 10 + years of Fleet Management and operations experience in a leadership role, with a strong professional background in all aspects of Supply Chain Management.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally,
- Solid experience with sourcing and quality.
- Significant forecasting and planning experience.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strategic thinker.
- Communicate effectively (ability to clearly express ideas and opinions using appropriate and effective communication methods; to deal with employees and vendors openly and honestly; being receptive and attentive to communication and feedback from employees and stakeholders).
A valid driver's abstract is required for this position
Interprovincial (Red Seal) certification in Automotive or Heavy Duty
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.