Drafter II (22425) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Prepare detailed drawings of parts and assemblies from layouts, designs and working drawings, including necessary projections, sectional views, and standard specifications. Requires assembling information and reference drawings from a variety of sources.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draw assemblies and parts of divisional products and components.
- Calculate weights of component parts.
- Write Bills of Materials.
- Make revisions to improve current items.
- Consult with Supervisor and/or Project Manager for proper specifications.
- Revise present detail and assembly drawings and Bills of Material for update purposes.
- Make dimensional and load calculations (subject to checking).
- Make layouts of specific areas of machines.
- Ensure parts will assemble properly.
- Continually look for product improvements and cost reductions.
- Decide what views will best show the shape of parts.
- Interface with other departments concerning design improvement, cost savings and project questions that may arise.
- Work with and teach new engineers and drafters division standards (i.e., drafting, layout, paperwork and specifications.
- Pro E or Solidworks experience (3D)
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 dimensional and tolerance standards.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Microsoft office
Experience in a mechanical engineering environment
Computer literate -- set-up and retrieve DOS files and backup for safe filing of same.
Ability to produce isometric exploded view parts drawings.
Minimum two years drafting technology or equivalent.
Minimum one year computer graphics software experience in a manufacturing environment to produce layouts, detail drawings and assembly drawings