Controller (FIN-12-00017) Newark, California
Morpho Detection provides reliable and efficient products and services globally, which detect explosives and narcotics. Morpho Detection is seeking an experienced, highly motivated and process focused leader to join as a key member of the Finance team. In this role you must possess the vision to ensure controllership and compliance whilst managing within the strategic business imperatives. You will assist in integrating and developing processes and systems that meet business needs across the organization and solve complex issues in finance. In this role you must demonstrate accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Research, advise and guide / manage business unit on complex technical accounting issues resulting from key transactions, changes in accounting guidance or new business developments (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Proactively identify new accounting standards applicable to the business and develop appropriate implementation strategy
- Develop and drive compliance strategy for the business for controllership
- Drive simplification and consistency initiatives across the business
- Establish and monitor processes and controls necessary to comply with SOX/Internal Control requirements, government regulations and procedures related to business accounting/finance practices.
- Ensure controllership across numerous global entities
- Manage business unit controllership by working closely with financial and operational leadership to pro-actively evaluate and manage financial risk while helping driving consistent and effective policies and procedures around all aspects of accounting.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team to provide advice and counsel in areas of company general accounting principles and other financial policies and procedures to those functions responsible for transactions affecting the broader finance organization to ensure general understanding of financial compliance.
- Coach and manage the controllership team
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited college/university
- Must have at least 10+ years experience with financial accounting in a public/private environment
- Must have at least 5 years experience in controllership
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Senior Leadership in corporate setting
- Intermediate or higher skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Must have 5 years experience utilizing US GAAP
- Must have 2 years IFRS knowledge.
- Must have 3 years supervisory experience (which includes writing performance reviews and hiring)
- Must submit your application through the Morpho Detection website to be considered.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work out of office in Newark, CA.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience with Oracle ERP and Hyperion a plus
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership effectiveness.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in French.
About the Organization
At Morpho Detection, we know that our people are our most valuable asset. With that in mind, we offer excellent competitive benefits and compensation, a great working environment, and the opportunity to work with leading edge technology. We are looking for people who are seeking a challenging position; those who thrive in an environment where innovation and responsiveness are the norm.
Morpho Detection is a leader in explosive and narcotics detection for aviation safety, checked baggage screening, military & critical infrastructure protection and new growth platforms in Chem/Bio, X-ray and Radiation/Nuclear detection. Morpho Detection was formed in September 2009 by the acquisition of GE Homeland Protection by Sagem Sécurité (Safran Group)
The Safran group operates worldwide, through offices and facilities in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Through this global presence we enhance our competitiveness, while building industrial and commercial relations with the world's leading prime contractors and operators. Our international development strategy reflects our commitment to delivering fast, local service to customers around the world.
If you would like to be a part of a fast-paced, exciting industry that demands and rewards the best, we want to hear from you.
Morpho Detection is an equal opportunity employer.