Electrical Control Systems Engineer (17958) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Performs a variety of engineering work in planning and design of products, tools, machines and other mechanically functioning equipment and mechanical processes associated with drilling and completion services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts detail drawings or sketch for drafter completion.
- Develops test specifications, procedures and objectives.
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Assist in the formulation of overall objectives, policies, plans and programs and provide technical and specialized functional services and recommendations for carrying them out.
- Determines nature of technical problems and possible solutions, such as product redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specification and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Initiates cost reduction proposals and investigates proposals from other sources, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action and checks on results obtained.
- Provide planning, direction and coordination for all technical activities while achieving optimum use of workers, machines, materials and facilities.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Entry level to 3 years experience.
- Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology B.S. degree from ABET accredited engineering program, or equivalent
- Knowledge of electro hydraulic controls and automation.
- Knowledge of general industry standards and regulatory codes.
- Oilfield experience a plus
- PC Literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Willing to travel as required.