Account Manager (Production Chemicals) (25327) Red Deer, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Presently, WFT- Engineered Chemistry and Services in Red Deer, AB, is recruiting for an Account Manager for the Production Chemical Product Line. The job will entail both managing existing accounts as well as new market development of marketing chemical products and commodities both Exploration and Production companies as well as Service companies. This job will require travel throughout the Red Deer region and will require the ability to make sales calls on a wide variety of people at various levels within organizations.
- Continually assess customer service levels to ensure clients receive the highest level of service.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with customers.
- Meets with customers/potential customers to execute sales personally.
- Institutes programs to build sound customer relationships and identify potential customers.
- Effectively manage customer relations to increase customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and retention.
- Develop, foster, and nurture strong client relationships through ongoing contact and follow-up.
- Proactively determines current and future customer needs.
- Post Secondary education in a related field, i.e. business or oilfield.
- Experienced salesmanship capabilities with proven ability to manage accounts and close the sale.
- Prior experience with chemical field sales experience preferred as well as understanding of oilfield, completion and production techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to discuss problems and negotiate mutual agreements with customers, manufacturer's distributors and other Weatherford employees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer base relationships and ability to make cold sales calls.
- Demonstrated outgoing personality, relationship orientated, capable of networking in diverse situations showing entrepreneur characteristics.
- Demonstrated Organizational, interpersonal, time-management and written/oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of computers and related software.
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move drums when required
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol Testing. In addition, due to the nature of working with chemicals, qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pulmonary Function Test and be fit with a respirator.