Senior Instructional Designer (26075) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Supports the development of training related to Capital Efficiency by designing, developing and organizing training content.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
• Conducts meetings with subject-matter experts to complete needs analysis including: target audience, learning objectives, learning environment, and required content modules/outline.
• Assists in the development of an instruction strategy to meet designated learning objectives and ensure optimal learner engagement in accordance with adult learning principles and instructional design theory.
• Completes “story boarding” for training content.
• Develops instructional materials by writing and publishing documents for classroom or online delivery.
• Organizes production of curriculum materials.
• Participates in a detailed post-development learning product review to ensure it is “fit for purpose”. If working with third party support services, communicates requirements to and review product produced by third party to ensure alignment with requirements.
• Provides support to internal clients in managing existing material through technology and revision changes in accordance with business needs.
• Advises Weatherford employees on the development and use of training materials, as needed.
• Recommends the purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment and visual aids designed to meet training needs.
• Researches, prepares and evaluates recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials to be used in training classes.
• Builds SCORM compliant knowledge blasts.
• Carries out work assignments to the highest quality level.
• Performs various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Knowledge and skills necessary to conduct effective front end analysis.
• Knowledge of and skills necessary to apply instructional design and adult learning principles to design and development of effective training materials and training courses.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to develop story-boards for the development of e-learning courses.
• Knowledge and skills necessary to design tools and systems to evaluate training effectiveness.
• Excellent written, oral, and visual media communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills. Able to effectively work and interact with all levels of personnel.
• General computer knowledge and ability to use programs such as Outlook and Lync for internal and external business communications.
• Proficiency in the development of training documents using MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
• Good organizational skills and familiarity with project management methodology. Able to multi-task and work on several projects running simultaneously.
• Basic understanding of an Oilfield Service company
• Skilled in the use authoring tools to develop e-learning modules.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Theory, Human Resources Development or related field and 5 years of experience, OR Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning Theory, Human Resources Development or related field and 3 years of experience in a related field.
• Articulate Authoring software experience
• Captivate Authoring software experience