Tax Manager (FIN-12-00018) Newark, California
The tax accountant position is accountable for the collection of tax-related information to assist Safran USA in income tax filing, reporting to taxation authorities on indirect taxes such as VAT, sales & use tax, etc. Â in a timely manner, and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies. This position requires knowledge of tax accounting concepts, sales, use and VAT taxes, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), US Federal tax law, and basic knowledge of international tax.
Customers expect the Tax Specialist to provide expertise on tax-related issues in an ethical, accurate and timely manner; minimize the resources required to manage the tax burden of the Corporation and its' affiliates; implement best practices and process improvements using existing technology; timely and accurate recording of taxes; and thorough and complete tax analysis involving complex issues in a timely manner and accurate income tax accounting.
The ability to work with teams of professionals in a fast-paced, multi tasking environment under strict time parameters and the ability to communicate technical information to a varied audience are critical skills for this position. The Tax Specialist must possess strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within the Corporation and to relate successfully with multiple types of service providers. Strong communication, analytical, and oral and written communication skills are imperative.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete required tax reporting in a timely manner
- Update the company sales tax database as tax rates change
- Coordinate VAT filing obligations with the assistance of outsourced tax providers as necessary
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Participate in negotiation with tax authorities over tax payment issues
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Coordinate other outsourced tax preparation work
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from accredited college/university.
- At least five years of broad-based tax experience with a large multinational corporation or national or regional accounting firm.
- Must have solid tax research and analytical skills, a strong knowledge of legal and accounting aspects of tax matters.
- Must have solid knowledge of U.S. federal income and international tax laws, regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Must have knowledge and background in property, sales/use and VAT taxes.
- Must have extensive knowledge and use of both Excel and PowerPoint
- You must submit your application for employment through Morph Detection website to be considered.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Newark, CA.
- MBA preferred.
- CPA or CMA certification would be a significant asset to the individual in this position.
- Able to anticipate, identify, analyze and resolve complex financial issues.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Extensive Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact and influence effectively with all levels of the organization and across businesses
About the Organization At Morpho Detection, we know that our people are our most valuable asset. With that in mind, we offer excellent competitive benefits and compensation, a great working environment, and the opportunity to work with leading edge technology. We are looking for people who are seeking a challenging position; those who thrive in an environment where innovation and responsiveness are the norm.
Morpho Detection is a leader in explosive and narcotics detection for aviation safety, checked baggage screening, military & critical infrastructure protection and new growth platforms in Chem/Bio, X-ray and Radiation/Nuclear detection. Morpho Detection was formed in September 2009 by the acquisition of GE Homeland Protection by Sagem Sécurité (Safran Group)
The Safran group operates worldwide, through offices and facilities in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Through this global presence we enhance our competitiveness, while building industrial and commercial relations with the world's leading prime contractors and operators. Our international development strategy reflects our commitment to delivering fast, local service to customers around the world.
If you would like to be a part of a fast-paced, exciting industry that demands and rewards the best, we want to hear from you.
Morpho Detection is an equal opportunity employer.