Junior Accounting Analyst (NE Calgary) (28168) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Laboratories Canada is currently looking for Junior Accounting Analyst to join the team. The position will be based in NE Calgary, AB. The successful candidate will contribute to the financial and operational success of the company while working with the accounts team. The Analyst will perform month/quarter/year-end duties and financial analysis as required by the Finance Manager.
Some of the major responsibilities are as follows:
- Customer & Intercompany billing. Departmental co-ordination, review disputed invoices ensure controls are in place to prevent further occurrence.
- Intercompany purchase invoices coding, Review intercompany confirmation statements prepared by Accenture on a monthly basis and attend promptly to mismatches
- Preparing Time sheets Schedules & entries into SAP
- Physical count of Assets & inventory.
- Review balance sheet reconciliation and forward to Finance Manager and Operations Controller on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assisting Finance Manager in Variance analysis, Forecast & Budget preparation.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in the course of doing the above, recommend solutions and ensure proper implementation
- Additional tasks and projects as required.
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Accounting, Finance or Business required
- 2-4 years experience in a computerized accounting environment in a similar role
- Working towards an accounting designation would be considered an asset
- Experience with JD Edwards "One World" software preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills required
- Experience with Hyperion and other reporting systems an asset.
- Willing to learn new software
- Proactive with ability to prioritize
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills both verbal & written
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development