Financial Analyst (26647) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Routine Month End Close Responsibilities
- Responsible for monthly variance review and analysis for Aging of accounts receivable.
- Distribute monthly AR reports to Regional Controllers/Credit Managers and address any questions.
- Prepare schedules for monthly and quarterly management reporting packages
- Review and monitor financial transaction with the ability to understand impacts to management reports
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Recommend improvements to the existing process
Routine Maintenance of Hyperion Reports
- Maintain Hyperion Financial Reports and ensure updates are made for monthly Hyperion metadata or organizational reporting changes
- Maintains report inventory change management spreadsheet
- Interact with Field (Region/GBU) to understand reporting needs
- Develop new reports with supervision from management
- Coordination of migration requests from DEV to QA to Production
- Participate in the monthly close cycle by reviewing change request and impacts on management and external reporting
- Monthly management reporting and ad hoc requests
- Assist with development of user training and participate in training events regarding data availability, validation, Hyperion dimension/hierarchies and existing financial reports within Hyperion workspace
- Provide support on special projects, requiring problem solving skills and creative thinking. Strong excel skills are beneficial.
- Promote process documentation and cross training initiatives
Under general supervision, applies knowledge and assists in the development of the Company’s financial and accounting systems, processes, policies, and procedures. Coordinates with the Field to ensure supplemental accounts receivable aging reconciles with financial account balances. Analyzes and overcomes obstacles to effectively deliver information and to address questions from colleagues, management, and other internal customers. Interacts with other departments and other business units to determine reporting needs and establish business requirements for reporting. Maintains and develops reports in Hyperion Financial Reporting studio as well as in Smart View depending on reporting needs. Challenges status quo and recommends process improvements to enhance productivity, data integrity, and quality of work products especially related to both internal and external reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years industry experience in Accounting, International business/operations experience, Audit, or Finance.
- Knowledge of Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting Studio or other report writing tool.
- Strong organizational and computer skills especially Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Well-developed interpersonal skills - ability to communicate professionally (oral/written) and effectively with all levels of company personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional areas
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivery of quality/accurate work products
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with time constraints
- General accounting and systems knowledge
- Strong analytical skills including detailed Balance Sheet account review and variance analysis
- Hyperion experience preferred (using HFM and Essbase as an end user including SmartView)
- Strong knowledge of JDE/SAP
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, or CMA) preferred
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred.