Mechanical Design Engineer (22192) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The successful candidate for the position of Mechanical Design Engineer will be a part of the Mechanical Design Team, involved in Technical Projects and Technical Support activities for Iron Derrickman® pipe handling systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of equipment based on established engineering principles.
- Prepare and compile designs, calculations, drawings and BOMs.
- Assignments may include application design/planning, product enhancements, failure analysis and processing design changes ECR/ECNs.
- Provide engineering support to other departments.
- Visits to the field may be required, including international travel.
- Completion of a Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineer or E.I.T. with membership in APEGGA,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- 3 to 6 years prior mechanical design experience,
- Experience in the design of mobile equipment, preferably oil well drilling related,
- Demonstrated experience with machine design,
- An understanding of oilfield drilling practices,
- An understanding of hydraulic systems and/or PLCs is an asset,
- Proficient with Pro/ENGINEER and/or Solidworks
- Experience with PDM software considered an asset.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.