Applications Specialist (19816) Lloydminster, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The PC Pump Business Unit is part of Weatherford Canada Partnership, Completion & Production Systems Division and Weatherford Inc. Employees who work in the PC Pump Business Units take pride in the sale and distribution of quality products and services. Job descriptions are developed to define clear responsibilities and authorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance to production engineers and technologist in the development and implementation of artificial lift systems.
- Use of relevant well data along with appropriate software PC Pump to evaluate and determine the best technical solution to produce the well based on the customers production on operational objectives.
- Works with clients to troubleshoot problem wells, sharing information and developing strategies for corrective action and future product implementation to enhance product and well performance.
- Assistance with the installation and operation of the product when needed.
- Works with the Research and Development (R&D) team to develop and test new product based on industry and client requirements.
- Monitor and track new product performance and customer feedback, relaying findings to the R&D team.
- Develop and prepare, schools/training pertaining to Artificial Lift in order to educate internal personnel and clients; as well as designing product information and training videos.
- Perform failure analysis on PC Pump manufactured products; based on historical operational, production history and through supporting destructive and non-destructive testing. The information is compiled into a report containing well bore servicing history, product failure descriptions and future product recommendations.
- Provide technical support for Production Systems distribution field stores; aid sales representatives with questions and concerns related to deliveries, product availability, quality and other customer related questions.
- Update the distributor sales team with any information concerning product manufacturing and development.
- Review product performance in the marketplace to enhance product line needs and requirements.
- Work with and support all other divisions of Weatherford to enhance market opportunity as well as liaising on regular basis with peripheral technical support teams to share information and apply knowledge.
- Maintains and builds relationships with external customers, PC Pump and Production Systems employees, sales staff and store managers in order to promote Weatherford’s business.
- Supports company goals and objectives and continual process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Ambassador for Weatherford interests at related oilfield functions during interactions with customers.
- Submitting required paperwork on a timely basis as to sales activities and records of contact that can be used in forecasting activities for future sales and development of business.
- Continually investigate ways to grow and expand Weatherford’s market share.
- Successful completion of required mandatory safety training courses as designated by Weatherford
- Compliance with all safety regulations and company policies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Post Secondary education in a Petroleum Industry related degree, certificate or diploma
- Have a strong knowledge of the oilfield business, preference given to those who have an understanding of Weatherford’s products & services
- Strong computer skills, capable of working with spreadsheets and graphing programs related to technical applications
- Must possess good business acumen
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Previous sales experience or training an asset
- Strong communication both verbal & written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability at providing solutions and negotiating agreements with customers, manufactures, distributors and other Weatherford employees.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol test
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.