Wireline Field Engineer/Technologist (NB) (23527) Fredericton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Wireline Engineers/Supervisors ensure that our customer's requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred wireline service company in Canada.
The position of Field Engineer/Supervisor is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry.
As a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The operation and management of a mobile wireline field unit and crew;
- The operation of a proprietary surface computer system to collect, QC, and analyze complex geological, geophysical, and mechanical readings from sub-surface well logging tools. The quality and accuracy of these logs are crucial as the oil company makes major production decisions from them;
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in a field setting for extended hours.
The initial training period for this position is approximately six months. You will spend eight weeks in our Ft. Worth, Texas training facility where you will be taught all the technical skills necessary to become a successful Junior Field Engineer/Supervisor. The remainder of your training will be spent under the direct supervision of an experienced Field Engineer/Supervisor who will help you develop your skills in the field until you are proficient to work on your own. Once you achieve Junior Engineer/Supervisor status at least two more field promotions can be completed, depending on your drive and ambition.
Qualifications For Junior Field Engineers/Supervisor Trainee
- BS in Engineering / Geology / Earth Sciences;
- College Certificate in Engineering;
- Mechanical interest and inclination;
- Requires a clean driver's license;
- You must be willing to relocate ;
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screen;
- Must be able to travel to the US to attend formal training classes.
If you are a career-oriented graduate who enjoys the outdoors, is not interested in working behind a desk, and is interested in gaining experience and responsibility at a level far above what is normally achieved by recent graduates, the job of Field Engineer/Supervisor will appeal to you. We offer a very attractive wage and benefit structure, including a company vehicle, as well as relocation assistance for new recruits. Weatherford is an aggressively growing global service provider, which means that your career is only beginning at the field level.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.
Weatherford is seeking to meet with both upcoming and recent Engineering Graduates who wish to relocate to Western Canada
Our Western Canada locations include:
- Grande Prairie
- Red Deer
- Medicine Hat
- Slave Lake
- High Level
- Swift Current
- Fort St. John
Please come and see our Hiring Managers at the Canadian Engineering Competition (CEC) on February 9th and 10th.
Relocation Assistance to be provided for successful candidates.