Equipment Operator (22921) Bakersfield, California
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Mobilize and demobilize equipment to and from location, spot equipment correctly for job, rig up equipment to job, operate, service and maintain equipment with minimal supervision. When not in field, may work in shop fabricating, servicing, and repairing equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Supervised involvement in the fabrication, repairs, rebuilding and maintenance of equipment. Not to include welding or major engine repairs.
- Utilization and communication of knowledge gained in trouble shooting and field repairs of equipment.
- Utilization and communication of drilling, production, pipeline and refinery operations.
- Train and/or cross train in all UBS equipment and services.
- Assist in training of Trainees and field technicians.
- Support of and communication with all field employees, Supervisors, Managers and Customers.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all required documentation and billing information on field jobs, manual or computerized.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 1-3 years oilfield experience or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of UBS equipment and services
- Subject to 24 hour call
- May require travel
- Good verbal communication skills
- Should be able to work closely with fellow employees
- Class A Drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of computers