Human Resources Assistant (HUM-12-00001) Dallas, Texas
Borden Dairy Company, based in Dallas, was founded in 2004 and produces dairy products made from raw milk it buys from dairies and processes into milk and other dairy products. It serves about 40 percent of the US, primarily in the Southeast, bringing in about $2 billion a year in revenue. Borden has 3000+ employees and a fleet of 1500 trucks that distribute its milk, yogurt smoothies, yogurt, probiotics, creams, and cheese products to stores in Arizona, California, Texas, Colorado, Nevada, and Illinois. Borden Dairy Company operates as a subsidiary of Grupo Lala, S.A. De C.V.
Join us at Borden Dairy Company and make decisions that affect families.
The HR Assistant will provide support in all HR related activities, policies, procedures, and programs for our Dallas plant and corresponding branches. This role will also support any activities relating to staffing, employee education and training, management development, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, employee communication and salary administration.
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Borden Dairy Management may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
· Conduct pre-employment screening requirements
· Review applications/resumes in the applicant tracking system
· Coordinate interviews w/applicants and hiring manager
· Assist employees complete new hire paperwork
· Post all internal job opening w/HR Manager approval
· Update employee records in Ultipro
· Update open positions report for HRM review
· Collect monthly KIP report information
· Complete required documentation for FMLA, Disability Insurance, Cobra, Unemployment, Garnishments, Life Insurance, etc…
· Assist in coordinating Open Enrollment, communicate enrollment deadline to new hires
· Keep records of insurance coverage, pension plan, and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
· Coordinate payroll with the shared service center and review data for accuracy.
· Code HR related invoices and submits to accounting department for payment.
· Process employment verifications
· Create/maintain employee files
· Ensure all employee communication boards contain the most current information (including branches)
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative but not limited of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
· Minimum of high school diploma or GED required.
· Minimum of 3 years of HR experience is required.
· Dairy Manufacturing experience a plus
· Must be able to work well under pressure
· Must be able to multi-task while meeting deadlines
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented a must
For the fastest response please Click the Link to learn more and to Apply. We cannot guarantee that submissions via email will receive a timely reply.