Buyer (24538) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Purchase drilling rig products and services, analyze requisition requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and investigate potential suppliers
- Evaluate proposals
- Negotiate lowest total cost
- Maintain optimum quality and scheduling
- Execute purchase orders
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor with highest standard of business ethics while conforming to Weatherford Quality Policy, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Keen understanding of the local vendor base and product knowledge
- Knowledge of the SAP system
- Ability to run a variety of reports to support the purchasing role
- Understanding of overall purchasing functions using the MCID cross reference functionality
- Purchasing rules and regulations as it relates to various countries
- 1-2 years Drilling Industry purchasing environment
Skills and Knowledge
- 1-2 years purchasing experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skill set.
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions.
- Prior purchasing experience required.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Must work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Personal computer skills, mainframe operations as relates to procurement, related software, and knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes required.