CAD Application Specialist (24136) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Team member role in the on-going support of CAD including Pro Engineer and Autodesk products, and CAD data management using Windchill (PDMLink). The role includes training and support of end users in Weatherford’s multi-company, multi-national environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
1) Support end users via HelpDesk incidents in performing business activity in Windchill PDM software and CAD systems.
2) Assist with testing and deployment of new functionality in the software.
3) Participate in the error correction and upgrade of the applications as needed.
4) Conduct training for users of the software.
5) Periodic, project-oriented out-of-town and/or overseas travel may be required for requirements definition and implementation purposes.
6) Potentially significant overtime hours may be required depending on project deadlines and overall business requirements.
7) Any other duties and responsibilities as may be required within the physical constraints of this position.
8) Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
9) Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Pro E CAD software experience as a user or in a support role.
• Solid experience with Microsoft Office software products such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Self starter with solid interpersonal skills, projecting a very positive customer service oriented attitude.
• Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills- both from a functional and technical perspective.
• Individual must be adaptive to change and respond to direction.
• Autodesk CAD (Inventor or AutoCAD) experience as a user or in a support role.
• Windchill (PDMLink) experience as a user or in a support role.
• Engineering background in mechanical, electrical or other fields
• Experience working with HelpDesk software packages
• Oil field experience in manufacturing, procurement, inventory management or other area
• High school diploma
• College or technical school in engineering, drafting or related fields
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.