E-Learning Developer (26077) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Supports the development of training related to Capital Efficiency primarily by building and publishing e-learning modules using Articulate and other authoring tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in meetings with subject-matter experts aimed at completing a training needs analysis including: target audience, learning objectives, learning environment, and required content modules/outline.
- Assists in the development of an instruction strategy to meet designated learning objectives and ensure optimal learner engagement in accordance with adult learning principles and instructional design theory.
- Assists instructional design team in the development of “story boards” for training content.
- Develops instructional materials by writing and publishing documents, primarily for online delivery.
- Participates in a detailed post-development learning product review to ensure it is “fit for purpose”. If working with third party support services, communicates requirements to and review product produced by third party to ensure alignment with requirements.
- Provides support to internal clients in managing existing material through technology and revision changes in accordance with business needs.
- Advises Weatherford employees on technical issues related to the development of e-learning content as needed.
- Builds SCORM compliant knowledge blasts.
- Builds and maintains the Capital Efficiency SharePoint site.
- Understands and complies with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Carries out work assignments to the highest quality level.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge and skills necessary to assist during front end analysis.
- Knowledge of and skills necessary to apply instructional design and adult learning principles to design and development of effective training materials and training courses.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to develop story-boards for the development of e-learning courses.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual media communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to effectively work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- General computer knowledge and ability to use programs such as Outlook and Lync for internal and external business communications.
- Highly skilled in the use of authoring tools to develop e-learning modules (Articulate and Captivate).
- Skilled in building SharePoint sites.
- Proficiency in the development of training documents using MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Good organizational skills and familiarity with project management methodology. Able to multi-task and work on several projects running simultaneously.
- Basic understanding of an Oilfield Service company
Proficient in graphics software including Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, e-Learning Design, or related field
At least 1-2 years of relevant professional experience, including experience using Articulate and Captivate Authoring software for the development of training courses