Auditor (27290) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working with a team of auditors in the field on various projects such as operational audits, financial audits, SOX testing, as well as special projects as requested.
• Preparing and reviewing (includes self review) audit files and audit reports in compliance with departmental standards as well as the International Standards for the Practice of Internal Audit. This includes complete and concise file documentation with accurate explanations and good grammar.
• Leading, arranging and organizing impromptu or formal meetings with process owners in the field.
• Establishing and maintaining excellent open, professional and collaborative relationships with all levels of management internal to the Department of Audit Services as well as external within the organization.
• Gaining exposure to all areas of testing and reviewing the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) in the first 24 months of employment. Areas include: Cash and Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Recognition, Inventory, Manufacturing, Fixed Assets, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Foreign Currency, Month End Close and Segregation of Duties.
• Effectively managing open items including notifying the audit manager or senior of any missing client requests to prevent project delays as well as prompt client notification of incomplete or incorrect items.
• Taking ownership of success and failures with a humble attitude always seeking to learn more.
• Possessing a genuine interest and understanding of both departmental and company’s goals and objectives.
• Maintaining a fiduciary responsibility for all company assets and resources within your control.
• Respectful, humble and patient attitude to both the client as well as other team members. This includes verbal communications, e-mails and overall demeanor.
• Ability to quickly adjust to changes with a supportive and cooperative attitude.
• Maintain a high degree of integrity including an honorable attitude and high professional standards with truthful and consistent character. This includes the respectful treatment of all confidential information.
• Initiative to ask for and do more than what has been assigned.
• Be a self starter.
• Ability to think outside the box and communicate observations, perspectives and opinions.
• Work in a team environment taking an overall interest in the timely completion of the project by offering to assist where needed and contributing to positive morale.
• Appreciate the value of multiple perspectives and diverse expertise, encouraging a collaborative environment.
• Familiar with accounting principles and regulations as well as the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
• Overall excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes project status, diplomatic presentation of project issues and the collection of client requests (PBC’s).
• Familiarity with the concepts surrounding accounting software applications.
• Receives supervision from Managers.
Education and Special Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related field is required.
• Microsoft Office preferred.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• JDE, SAP, Hyperion experience a plus.
• Up to 50% Travel
• Zero to three years of experience in Accounting or other related field.