Mechanic (24544) Muncy, Pennsylvania
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial machinery systems in both the field and in the shop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Observe, test, and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
• Disassemble equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
• Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Repair, replace, adjust, and align components of equipment.
• Clean and lubricate parts and equipment.
• Test-run repaired equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
• Fabricate replacement parts.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 0-2 years experience in mechanics or related field
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow repair manuals
• General knowledge of equipment diagnosis and repair
• Mechanical aptitude
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.