Software Specialist - Well Services Division (Edmonton) (19719) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford’s Well Services Software Specialist is responsible for actively deploying and managing the well services software and hardware data collection and management modules while providing technical support to the end users in a manner that ensures seamless flow of operation within a regional Product Line. This role will provide support for the various well services software and hardware module end users.
- Lead the troubleshooting efforts related to servers, software and hardware (handheld devices).
- Support the implementation of best practices, lessons learned, root cause analysis and correction of defects and effective controls for risk.
- Develop, maintain and enhance Weatherford’s enterprise suites related to the area of responsibility.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the well services software modules’ admin tools.
- Ensure consistency of staging and production servers on frequent basis and implement server backup mechanisms
- Primary liaison between the regional Product Line and the possessors of the well services software and hardware modules ensuring continuous communication, feedback and support with regards to the performance of the modules and any enhancement scope.
- Effectively support the possessors of the well services software and hardware modules in the procuring and implementation of support fixes, deployment updates.
- Work closely with the IT regional support team as relates to the welfare of the well service software modules and the implementation of corporate information technology standards
- Monitor and review software licenses capacity and validity.
- In depth understanding of the workflow as relevant to the overall well services software and hardware modules as relevant to data collection and management.
- Maintain customer specific data with specialized utility scripts for the well services software data integrity.
- A minimum of Post-secondary diploma in the information technology industry or equivalent or;
- Commerce Degree (Major in MIS- Management Information Systems)
- 3+ years experience computer in hardware and software systems and programs as well as network installation and administration
- Experience in working with Windows Servers, and SQL Servers
- A minimum two years supervisory experience in the information technology industry
- Experience in Mobile Applications, Web Services, and Mobile programming would be an asset
- Demonstrates project management skills, experience and training.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.