Logistics Coordinator III (25390) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
This position reports to the Logistics Manager for the Global Procurement Group and will manage a wide-range of activities associated with Export Logistics; from the material management continuing through all phases of the Export Logistics Management.
This position requires building close relationships with Weatherford’s Procurement Group, Global Supply Chain, Trade Compliance Group, Regional Logistics Groups and 3rdParty Logistic Providers.
- Prepare all required documents related to shipping such as Commercial Invoice, Shipper’s Letter of Instruction, packing slips and other required documents
- Ensure materials are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to internal documented processes, including planning transportation, selecting mode of transportation, and tracking the shipment through the Supply Chain while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, and contractual requirements
- Analyze transportation costs and trends, update performance metrics, and prepare routine reports identifying actions for continued improvement
- Strong understanding of Export Compliance and enforcement of compliance procedures
- Work closely with freight forwarder and other service providers to facilitate the movement of outbound international shipments
- Liaison between customer (direct and intra-company), logistics provider and procurement in the absence of the Sr. Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Manager
- Weekly and monthly reporting of internal KPI’s identified by Logistics Manager
- Execute the best practices for coordinating the flow of goods and logistics information across all internal teams, departments and customers
- Provide pricing (direct and intra-company) for equipment to be exported considered out of gauge according to Global Supply Chain Freight Contracts
- Invoicing of equipment shipped and all associated cost (freight/crating)
- Foster strong vendor and customer relations are upheld
- Act as back-up for the Senior Logistics Coordinator
- Maintain respectful and professional relationships with all levels of staff, customers, and logistics service providers
- 5 + Years of logistics experience
- A Bachelor Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Certification from accredited logistics program a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency with standard functions within applications such as MS Office, MS Outlook, etc
- Experience with JD Edwards a plus