Facilities Manager (25744) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Plans, directs, and coordinates, through staff of skilled, semiskilled, and unskilled trade personnel, activities concerned with the operation, maintenance, construction, and functionality of buildings and grounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage facility operations of multiple building manufacturing location.
• Plans such matters as design and development of plant facilities, formulation of operating rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Hires, trains, and supervises building service personnel.
• Coordinates activities of personnel involved in repair and maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment to minimize interruption and improve efficiency.
• Interface with staff and outside vendors on maintenance, security and repair issues for a commercial manufacturing facility
• Supervise mailroom services, reprographic services, S/R, fulfillment and courier services through internal employees and outsourced services.
• Plans and administers all facility departmental and construction budgets.
• Reviews reports of expenditures from pervious fiscal year and proposed improvements to facilities in order to prepare budget estimates for upcoming fiscal year.
• Manage reserved parking.
• Purchase building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment and furniture.
• Facilitates work space requirements and moves.
• Responsible for procurement of utilities or operations of utility systems.
• May prepare construction specifications or plans, obtaining advice from MEP Engineers and General Contractors, assemble and analyze contract bids, and submit bids and recommendations to upper management for action. Including obtaining bids for additional work from outside contractors and architects when needed adhering to formal specifications.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 7+ years of experience in Facilities Management.
• Knowledge of building mechanical systems - including but not limited to HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety Support, Emergency Backup Power
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• General computer skills.
• Prior experience and knowledge of office, construction and facility management.
• Understanding of budgetary process and fiscal responsibility requirements.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Multi-tasking ability.
• Individual must be able to follow instructions.
• Should be able to work closely with all levels of personnel and outside contractors.