Wireline Field Operator (21343) Broussard, Louisiana
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
· Assists the Engineer and other operators to ensure that quality, cost effective service is provided to each customer.
· Assist Engineer and co-workers in assembling, preparing, checking and loading of equipment required for a scheduled job.
· Assist Engineer and co-workers in setting up truck, unloading equipment, assembling, preparing tools and rigging-up on location.
· Works rig floor, makes up down hole tools and rigs in and out of the well head under the supervision of the Engineer.
· Operates hoist, performs routine measurement checks, calculations and adjustments to ensure accurate depth measurements.
· Assist the Engineer and co-workers in rigging down, loading of equipment and driving heavy duty truck.
· Clean and check unit, tools and equipment under direct supervision; performs routine maintenance in preparation for next job.
· 24 hour on call, be within 45 minutes of the shop on call basis. Be able to respond to customer assignments on short notice, day or night.
Safety and Environmental Responsibilities
· Performs all duties in a safe manner.
· Complies with Company safety policies and procedures.
· Complies with federal, state and local safety regulations and procedures.
· Operates Company vehicle in a safe manner, observing all company and governmental regulations.
· Attains and applies comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
· Corrects obvious hazards or unsafe working conditions and reports those that cannot be immediately corrected to the Engineer.
· 1 year wireline operator experience preferred.
· High School Graduate
· Mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
· Must be certifiable in all applicable governmental compliance programs.
· Must be able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with hazardous materials certification and be DOT qualifiable, within 90 days.