Vendor Management Specialist (CWO36-13) Mason, Ohio
IT'S MORE THAN A JOB! I IT’S A PASSION! KellyOCG, a division of Kelly Services is looking for an individual who has the ability to act as a Vendor Management Specialist. As part of Kelly's Outsourcing Consulting Group (OCG), CWO leverages staffing, procurement, and supplier management expertise to bring customers an end-to-end centralized workforce management program.
The Vendor Management Specialist (VMS) is responsible for facilitating the hiring process of contract employees for a complex or high volume account by using an e-procurement tool and managing relationships between the client (hiring managers) and the approved vendors.
The position is on site at our client facility in Mason, OH.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Requisition Creation and Order fulfillment
- Create/assist hiring manager in creating requisition and enter into VMS tool.
- Screen information on incoming Requisition.
- Perform intake call with hiring managers.
- Broadcast job posting/requisition via e-tool.
- Clarify requisition via Spot Light call or with individual suppliers as needed.
- Monitor daily progress of requisition and follow up accordingly.
- Review resumes.
- Short List candidates and provide high quality candidates to hiring manager.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews for hiring managers.
- Help manager select and reject candidate in VMS tool.
- Negotiate bill rates to ensure that they are aligned with current market rates.
- Maintain discipline of execution by staying focused on market goals and objectives; manage time and competing priorities; be committed to Kelly process, technology, and documentation requirements; and taking the initiative to learn and fully understand the client’s needs and skills required for open roles being managed.
- Adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Americans with Disabilities Act, and affirmative action guidelines.
- Client, Program and Supplier Management
- Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) objectives are met by taking an active role in continuous improvement and service delivery. Metrics include but are not limited to; successful fill rate, cycle time (submittals, work order creation, etc), rate compliance, hiring manager/client satisfaction.
- Utilize bill rate benchmarking data and competitive bidding to ensure cost containment for the customer.
- Build customer and supplier relationships through professional rapport, consistent follow-up and maintaining contact and ongoing communication.
- Drive adherence to customer policy and procedures throughout multiple levels of the customers and suppliers.
- Proactively identify service delivery issues and provide appropriate and timely solutions.
- Conduct weekly/monthly Supplier review calls.
- Conduct training to Suppliers and hiring managers.
- Act as a liaison with Suppliers to resolve daily operational issues. Escalate as appropriate.
- Prepare and conduct Supplier Summit activity.
- Prepare and conduct Supplier Scorecard Activity.
- Technology Support
- Provide support of Technology when necessary (e.g., update data to resolve timesheet integration errors; provide feedback on processes to improve integration design).
- Support Technology updates.
- Develop strong knowledge of VMS technology in order to be able to operate efficiently and trouble-shoot simple issues when client or Suppliers escalate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technology: 1-3 years experience in VM role, or a role where the use of web based technology to manage a process was a majority of daily responsibility
- HR/Staffing: 1-3 years experience in a role where dealing with full cycle staffing/recruiting practices was a majority of daily responsibility. Staffing/recruiting experience in IT is preferred.
- Understands HR/Staffing practices such as on-boarding, off-boarding, screening, talent management, recruiting, employment law, contract language, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency in
- Web-based/VMS/ATS technology (examples may include: Fieldglass, IQN, Ariba Sourcing, Ariba Buyer, Oracle , SAP, Peoplesoft, HRIS , Workday, Coupa, Taleo)
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Organization: Can manage multiple situations effectively. Multitask, proactive follow up, acts with a sense of urgency, has attention to detail.
- Initiative: Knows what needs to be done and does it without being asked. Has excellent follow through. Self-motivated, gets the job done, willing to go the extra mile, able willing to work independently.
- Communication: Effective communication that is spoken, written and includes listening. Customer service approach, effective at all levels of an organization, able to guide customer and suppliers, consultative interaction with clients, can manage difficult conversations.
- Analytical: Ability to see interrelationships of data/ideas. Can assess a candidate against criteria, use of program data to educate customer, supplier and drive change.
- Interpersonal Skills: Builds and maintains strong relationships. Builds strong relationship with client, suppliers, and internally, mentors suppliers, able to solution, challenges status quo.
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA) (NASDAQ: KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Download The Talent Project, a free iPad app by Kelly Services.
We are authentic, the industry founder. We believe in relationships, not transactions. We value teamwork, realizing that we are stronger together than as individuals. We take seriously the promises we make. We are passionate, dedicated and driven to excel. With us it has never been about being the biggest. It has always been about being the best and doing the right thing.
At our core, we are a community. Each day we welcome into our community the varied talents of all people who embrace our culture of service, teamwork and integrity. We offer the opportunity to work with the best companies in the world, and to make a difference in the communities in which we live and work.
We foster an inclusive environment where people are engaged and succeed. A passion for people drives our focus on long-term growth, learning and development. We create a world of opportunities for those with varied talents and a drive to excel. When our people succeed, we succeed.
Visit Kelly Services at www.KellyServices.com
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce.