General Manager, Operations – GEHC Global Research (1715794) Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Drive operational excellence for GEHC Global Research. Ownership includes simplification, metrics & dashboards, continuous improvement, operating mechanisms, global policies/procedures & training. This position reports to the Vice President, Global Research, GEHC
• Cross-functional operational leadership across global & field research teams, Clinical Affairs, P&L research activities, finance, legal, compliance and IT to deliver on priorities for the Global Research Organization.• Establish and sustain operating mechanisms for internal operations, executive reviews and cross functional collaboration
• Drive wing-to-wing execution of research globally
• Design, implement and drive metrics and dashboards to measure research performance, value generated and utilized
• Lead simplification and continuous improvement across GRO
• Own development, deployment and training of policies and procedures for Global Research. Partner with internal and external experts to ensure clarity, simplicity and compliance.
• Conceive and implement state-of-the-art information systems that will allow real-time monitoring of all research agreements & develop insights into improvement opportunities
• Foster an operating culture of compliance, collaboration, accountability, speed and simplification
• Be proficient in the application of Lean Product Development concepts & use Lean principles to increase efficiency in research process with internal and external stakeholders. Formulate the strategy for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
• Attract and retain talent by creating environment that fosters scientific and clinical creativity and accountability. Mentor, coach & teach direct and indirect reports on activities within areas of responsibility.
• Bachelors in Physics, Engineering or related field
• 3+ years Program management experience across multi-disciplined teams
• Excellent influencing, communication & interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with internal and external senior leadership
• Experience in medical technology & applications
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Our Client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Advanced scientific/engineering degree and / or MBA
• 5 or more years in the medical device industry
• LEAN / Six Sigma experience