Lead Mechanic (24416) Bonnyville, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
- Overseeing the entire Mechanic/ Engine Department including on the job training development for employees, new employee orientation, development of staff, support to staff, and provide input on the hiring and performance appraisal/management of staff to the Service Manager.
- Works as a mentor and trainer to other mechanics and assists with complex issues and problematic diagnosis on equipment
- Ability to work in a face paced environment, diagnose problems and deploy effective problem solving yet cost effective solutions to the situation.
- Ultimate responsibility on paperwork, internal paperwork record keeping systems, inventory functions and issues to ensure paperwork matches up with products and equipment sold.
- Co-ordination of the Job Safety Analysis Reports (JSA) detailing basic job steps, hazards, and control measures.
- Supportive of management goals and objectives/ role model/ capable of leading by example.
- Responsible for overseeing shop cleanliness, safety of area and reporting any injury/ damage to the manager and subsequent follow up duties as designated by the Service Manager/ Health/ Safety Practioner on such incidents, including incident investigation
- Ensure compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Leading continual process and quality improvements through his staff as a means to ensure quality workmanship, safe and careful handling of all tools and machines.
- To not only participate in the required training programs but ensure his staff is included and provide feedback on quality, safety, security and environmental issues to the Manager.
- Provide input on needs, improvements to management.
- Minimum 5 years with Weatherford and /or related experience
- Journeyman mechanic
- Demonstrated advanced mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge base of information on floor activities and process
- Supportive of company goals and objectives
- Demonstrated organized skills, ability to multi- task
- Ability to supervise, lead / manage staff
- Demonstrated ability to teach processes and be a role model to others on anticipation of the next step
- Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to both receiving and ensuring that staff in his department receive required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Successfully completing required safety courses as designated by Weatherford
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Ability to pass on knowledge and act as a resource to others.
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.