Service Technician I, TRS (23483) Houma, Louisiana
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Safely operate casing/tubing tongs, power units, testing equipment, and other specified oilfield equipment used in tubular makeup and testing services in both and onshore and offshore environment.
• Learn the operation and routine maintenance requirements of all tubular services equipment.
• Learn the maintenance procedures as they relate to tubular service equipment.
• Prepare accurate tickets, job reports, time sheets, and other administrative forms.
• Independently operate and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repair of tubular service equipment.
• Assist in developing job action planning with customer on location.
• Verify all necessary equipment and supplies are on location and in proper working condition.
• Conduct pre-job safety meeting.
• May serve as well site representative when required
• Available on a 24 hour basis to respond to customer needs.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• 0-3 years experience in the oilfield
• Good communication skills
• Strong operational and maintenance knowledge of equipment
• Mechanical aptitude
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations