Pump Jack Technician - Production Systems - Peace River, AB (22046) Alberta, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Presently, WFT- Production Systems in Peace River, Alberta is recruiting for Pump Jack Technicians for the Peace River Field Store.
Pump Jack Technicians are responsible for repairing, refurbishing, and testing Pump Jacks according to customer and company specifications. Technicians will become familiar with the subsequent procedures and operations and have the capability of working in an unsupervised environment. Specific requirements for successful competency at this job level will include a willingness to become oriented to the business with the goal of becoming proficient and competent at repairing various types of pumps used by customers in the oilfield industry.
(Prior Oilfield experience is preferred however this is also an excellent entry level position for a mechanically inclined candidate as on the job training will be provided.)
Good starting salary with Immediate Benefits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Depending on level of experience, candidates will initially work under supervision (on the job training) with an experienced employee, achieving competency on basic job tasks/ set instructions or procedures in the shop relating to assembling, dis-assembling and testing of pumps to both WFT and external customer specifications.
- Compliance with all Weatherford safety regulations and company policies
- Orientation and learning how to safely operate various equipment associated with position
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals.
- Responsible for shop cleanliness
- Ensuring that the work completed meets manufacturer's specifications and legislated regulations.
- Aware of all safe operating procedures for any piece of equipment being operated.
- Ability to work independently with no or minimal supervision and ability to deal with customers as required relating to servicing of equipment.
- Ability to work overtime hours, as workload requires.
- Subsequent delivery and pick up of pumps on customer location as required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- Capability of working overtime
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.