Well Construction Marketing Coordinator (24046) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Execute marketing campaigns as assigned by Marketing Managers and lead various projects including collateral development, tradeshows, and digital media. Candidates should be able to multitask, have strong communication skills and business knowledge. The marketing coordinator professional will be expected to assist with and deliver marketing information in a timely manner on behalf of the marketing department.
Marketing strategy and communications planning
Overall marketing planning: Execute marketing communication plans for each product line. Attend key sales force, product line and technology meetings to keep up-to-date on new products and challenges. Understand and retain product line targets and provide relevant marketing assistance to support growth objectives through multiple channels.
Project execution and campaign delivery
For assigned business unit(s), manage internal and external resources to deliver integrated marketing tools including but not limited to:
• Product and Services Literature (Brochures, catalogues, sales kit): Work with product lines and sales force to determine literature needs for existing and new products. Coordinate content development, approvals, graphics, production and distribution of these materials.
• Digital Marketing & Social Media: Explore ways of enhancing product line digital presence and develop plans for how and when these types of mediums can be effectively used either in addition to or instead of printed materials. Work with graphic artists on developing appropriate illustrations/pictures, etc. for these materials. Provide counsel on appropriate marketing messages, organize video and photo shoots, and work with outside vendors on production, layout and output.
• Tradeshows and Events: Serve as a support member to the Tradeshow Manager in regards to product line requirements for shows. Provide counsel on layout and selection of products that will be represented in each show. Offer assistance with the coordination of staff, product models and literature as needed, and with occasional set up and tear down of shows. Manage niche product line specific shows from creation to execution on an as needed basis.
Client insight and market research
Assist in gathering data on competitors, monitoring of industry trends, and disseminating information to respective product lines. Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
Marketing metrics and progress reporting
Develop meaningful and measurable campaign metrics to assess overall return on the business unit’s marketing investment. Routinely and rigorously report progress of marketing campaigns and discrete projects using agreed metrics, methods and templates. Conduct quarterly marketing performance review meetings for the assigned business unit.
Technical Skill Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar
• Computer – proficiency in Microsoft Office software and Adobe
• Knowledge of all phases of collateral materials production, including ability to determine goal of the piece, ability to organize and supervise photo shoots, ability to proofread.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• One to three years of experience in a corporate or agency setting
Coordinator Skill Requirements
• Project Management: Ability to conceive and execute marketing communication materials, prioritize assignments, focus on projects that benefit the greatest number of people in the organization and meet deadlines.
• Problem solving: When situations occur, thinks through possible solutions/courses of action. Also tried to find solutions despite limitations set by others.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management and build strong professional relationships with product line managers, engineers and other marketing product line managers.
• Experience with marketing automation tools such as Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot or similar
• Experience with CRM tools, SharePoint, and Salesforce
• SEO familiarity, including Google adwords