Well Test Operator Assistant (23615) Kenai, Alaska
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Under general supervision, perform tasks related to well testing, which would include but not limited to: load out equipment for jobs; rig up and rig down of all well test equipment; under supervision operate well test equipment; rig down and back load said well test equipment; assist with general duties in base.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Assist in installation of unit or system to be tested, including rig up and rig down of all test equipment, and indicating instruments
- Operate controls to subject test systems within safe parameters of the designed equipment.
- Monitor controls and instruments and record test data for engineer’s use.
- May be required to work offshore.
- Maintain close contact with the Supervisor regarding work assignments, promptly report all concerns regarding equipment to the Supervisor
- Report all incidents and accidents to the Supervisor
- Maintain open, professional communications with all crewmembers and company representatives
- Participate fully in all required QHSE training
- Follow all safety rules and regulations including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Report unsafe working conditions to Supervisor
- Attend and actively participate in all required safety meetings
- Operate company vehicle in safe manner following safe driving ensuring it is kept clean and maintained
- Learn work performance in accordance to standard operating procedures (SOP) and ensure compliance to government, industry and company laws, regulations and policies.
- Available on 24 hour call, and prepared for work when on call
- Thoroughly learn the job and become familiar with the jobs of those around, in order to understand how individual actions may affect the safety of others
- Responsible for good housekeeping and cleanliness on location and in the shop
- Continually prove competence to the Level 1 Well Testing Competency.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Basic mechanical knowledge
• Good written and oral communication skills
• 1 year oil field experience
• GED/High School diploma
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.