Software Tester (17822) Calgary Region, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Individual must have successfully qualified software components as part of large, highly integrated, enterprise class development projects. The position requires strong systems thinking ability, integration test expertise, white and gray box analytical skills, attention to detail and significant experience working with Databases to verify data accuracy. Software testing is a planned process that is used to identify the correctness, completeness, security and quality of software. This role is for a 12 month temporary assignment, with the possibity of extension.
- Software tester to create detailed test designs, conditions, and execution.
- Provide traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and problem reports.
- Analysis and test execution of user and system interface functionality.
- Participate in detailed review walkthrough sessions and track issues to successful resolution. Collect metrics to measure test progress and quality outcomes and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors or higher Degree
- 4-5 years software testing experience in complex technical environments
- 2-3 years testing applications
- 2-3 years in requirements analysis
- 2-3 years in test case design and development
- Significant experience in back-end interface testing
- Expert research and analytical skills involving technical and business process documentation - including system architecture, detailed design, and requirements
- Oil & Gas experience
- Familiarity with software testing applications
- Experience creating automated test scripts
- Knoeledge of Data Warehousing
- Experience with Agile testing
- Understanding of different development processes
- Previous development experience
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.