Rig Operator (23985) Odessa, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs and services Corod, sucker rod, ponies, polish rods, pumps and drive units in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completes all paperwork (purchase order, work orders, maintenance records, time sheets, service tickets, rig inspections, Hazard I.D.’s, accident reports, samples, etc.) properly and completely, submits same in timely manner.
- Tracks all tools required for operation and ensures adequate stock of supplies.
- Obtains all necessary permits for rig.
- Completes monthly rig inspections, attends safety meetings, maintains log of required repairs on work requisition list.
- Responds to all customer questions and concerns, maintains contact with oil company rep. throughout each job for customer satisfaction.
- Follows all safety and environmental procedures, complies with incident reporting and E.R.P.
- Observes job procedures and identifies problems, provides suggestions for controlling or eliminating problems, actively participates in continuous process improvement.
- Supervises rig assistants (journeyman and trainee).
- Documents all potential hazards and dangers and informs others (hazard I.D.s and near misses), wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge/Experience: oil well servicing experience; knowledge of and compliance with safety and environmental procedures; supervision experience an asset;
- Valid commercial driver's license; First Aid; H2S;
- Able to meet the Physical Requirements of the position
- Available to work various days and hours