Quality Assurance Manager (22438) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Develop and maintain quality and inspection test and record keeping programs consistent with national and international standards, regulatory requirements and licensing programs. Manage department activities and supervise inspection, test and record keeping personnel and activities. Consult with all levels of management providing details of latest industry standards and methodology in quality, reliability and related fields.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the establishments of quality specifications and standards for raw materials, in process and finished products.
- Confer with management, customers and other representatives in planning, scheduling, coordinating and directing the quality program in conformance with customer requirements, engineering specifications and production schedules.
- Conduct research and investigation on product defects and failures and recommend modification in products, processes or quality standards where such appear to be warranted.
- Visit customer and suppliers, when necessary, to confer on specific quality problems.
- Develop and conduct vendor audits and surveys as required.
- Review complaints received from customers, both internal and external, for the purpose of determining where emphasis should be place at the plants to prevent recurrence.
- Provide technical assistance to the Purchasing departments in connection with the purchase of raw materials, components, subassemblies, etc. that will make up the final product. Develop and implement methods of quality and monitoring vendors.
- Interface with regulatory agencies, national and international standards bodies and licensing agencies to maintain up-to-date programs and ensure compliance.
- Provide technical guidance and work in close liaison with Marketing and Engineering on all group projects.
- Analyze and interpret quality data and publish results.
- Manage the daily quality control function through the QC department. Includes inspection services for in-house machined parts, outsourced parts and receiving inspection of outside services.
- Administer a continuing program of review and analysis of the suitability and effectiveness of the quality program.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Basic understanding of quality engineering and statistical quality control techniques
- Thorough understanding of the quality audit process and related techniques. Preferably certified by a national or international quality auditor certifying authority (e.g., ASQC Certified Quality Auditor).
Minimum of 5 years in quality management and supervision or related education, training, management and supervisory experience.
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.