QHSSE Coordinator - BBS Champion (17946) Bakersfield, California
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Administer, interpret, and implement the Weatherford Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Management System and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to maintain an effective program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Orientate employees (old and new) on HSSE requirements.
• Coordinate scheduling, implement and assist in the facilitation of regulatory Compliance Training.
• Conduct HSSE inspections in the assigned area and on work site locations.
• Assist local management in the preparation and presenting of safety meetings.
• Coordinate the investigation of all accidents and near misses.
• Disseminate HSSE information to all levels of the organization.
• Familiarize managers and supervisors with all governmental regulations and HSSE requirements that affect their course of business.
• Assist in developing emergency procedures, site evacuation plans, etc.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Working knowledge of safety codes, OSHA, EPA, state health regulations, hazardous materials, and emergency preparedness
• 3+ years of HSSE related experience that includes Emergency Response Training - Oil &Gas or Construction operational industry experience is highly desired
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
• 25%- 50% travel within area
• Acceptable driving record as per HR Guidelines / Policy