Material Handler I, Cementation (24292) Houma, Louisiana
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Perform any combination of the following tasks to receive, store, and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Keep warehouse/product storage areas in order.
• Ensure that production operators have drum/bag raw materials as needed.
• Store unused raw materials in proper area when processes are complete.
• Assist in unloading incoming deliveries per quality work instructions.
• Report shortages and damaged material per quality work instructions.
• Assist in stenciling, labeling, palletizing, shrink wrapping/banding of materials for shipment.
• Assist in loading products for shipment.
• Use small hand tools and operate handling equipment.
• Properly operate auxiliary equipment.
• Maintain clean and safe working environment.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 1 year warehouse experience.
• Forklift certification.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to work closely with others.