Mudlogger (24055) Youngstown, Ohio
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Mud Loggers ensure efficiency, safety and cost control by providing the Client Company with a detailed analytical record of the geology, oil and gas shows, drilling and mud parameters, and related problems encountered during drilling and completion.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Ensure the Mud Logging unit is manned during well operations.
- Perform or supervise the collection of cuttings samples, from the correct lagged depth and at the correct frequency, as required for evaluation.
- Wash and screen cuttings samples, divide them into correct portions, and pack them by sets for the Client, partners and trade.
- Examine and describe cuttings samples as per oil industry standards and client’s specifications. Descriptions are to be performed in order for Weatherford to provide an independent evaluation of the well.
- Evaluate all cuttings samples for the presence of hydrocarbon shows.
- Monitor gas levels, lag time, drilling and geological parameters, and report any anomalies to the appropriate persons for action.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive Log(s) as per the specified format.
- Complete and submit all daily reports and logs concerning geological and drilling parameters to the Client representative.
- Ensure all information required to complete the final well report is identified, monitored, recorded, and available on time for inclusion into the report.
- Complete and submit Monthly or Weekly Report to the base by the first of the following month for correct Client billing. Ensure Monthly Activity report is completed correctly.
- Maintain regular contact with the local base to report the current work situation and discuss possible problems in the field.
- Ensure that all tasks performed for the Client meet or exceed the customer’s and Weatherford’s standards.
- Maintain the image of the Company and promote new techniques/activities in order to increase potential markets to stay ahead of the competition.
- Perform regular and frequent calibration checks of gas instruments.
- Perform scheduled maintenance checks and complete necessary repairs on all equipment, particularly sensors, and report breakdowns immediately to the appropriate persons.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 1-3 years of experience in the field of mud logging, showing competence in well monitoring, sample descriptions and generation of Lithology Log
• Good communication skills.
• Have adequate knowledge of basic oilfield familiarization
• Have adequate knowledge of basic hardware maintenance
• Diploma in geosciences
• Degree in geosciences
• Experience with mechanical equipment