Shop Technician - Fishing & Re-entry (Nisku) (26678) Nisku, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford is currently seeking a Shop Technician to support our Fishing and Re-entry division in Nisku, AB.
- Maintain equipment; perform shop housekeeping and general duties as assigned in a safe manner while following procedures to ensure job specifications are met.
- Assist dispatchers in sending out tools for customers.
- Communicate to Supervisor any unsafe working conditions that are observed and adhere to safe working procedures.
- Learn and perform equipment maintenance and repairs as assigned.
- Actively participate in all safety meetings
- Mechanically inclined
- Drilling or Service Rig Experience an asset
- Available to work alternate weekends and evenings on call
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience will be considered
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Self starter working with limited supervision
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to interact and perform successfully within a team environment
- Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position and qualified candidates will be required to pass a Pre-employment Medical and Drug and Alcohol Testing
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.