Shop Foreman (23383) Dickinson, North Dakota
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Provide basic repair and maintenance of equipment under direct supervision. Perform general housekeeping functions as needed. Learn basic functions of equipment and processes in the workshop.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Operate crane and/or forklift to load and unload jobs under supervision.
- Clean, service, and refurbish equipment as required by supervisor.
- Assembly and disassembly of tools under supervision relative to services provided per location.
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated area by hand, forklift, or other under supervision.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins as required under supervision.
- Open crates, and other containers, using hand tools under supervision.
- Verify quantities and count independently as required under supervision.
- Prepare shipments as required under supervision.
- Accept incoming shipments under supervision.
- Required to be available on a 24 hours call basis as needed.
- Learn fundamental maintenance and process procedures for applicable products and equipment.
- Complete training plan as set out in the position within company guidelines.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Certified/trained to do DOT Inspections
Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Individual must be able to follow instructions.
Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
Possess mechanical aptitude.
Possess knowledge of workshop tools utilized by facility.
Basic operational knowledge of forklift and materials handling equipment.
Hydraulic motor experience is a plus
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Basic computer skills.
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Physically capable of completing required tasks.
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.