CNC Programmer III (22303) Houston, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
- Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, set procedures, control settings and machining methods and sequences.
- Program Mazatrol lathes and mills using Mazak software
- Calculate and set machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Prepares geometric layouts using computer software.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide set-up and operation of machine.
- Writes program of machine instructions.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvature, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office
- Must have strong math ability
- Knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math.
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Excel, Surfcam, and Edgecam
- Familiarity with 5 axis type of machines.
- Must have own precision tools, and the ability to use them.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
2-3 years Mfg. experience
At least 5 years of NC experience
2 years college or programming in a technical schooling
Should be capable of following written and oral instructions carefully
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHT
MUST ATTACH A RESUME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED