Junior Product/Mechanical Engineer (Edmonton) (23828) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
The Product / Mechanical Engineer will join a team responsible for new product design, maintenance and revision of existing designs of wellhead equipment. Performs engineering activities such as design control/planning, performing design calculations, creating design files, review and approval of design files and documents, product development and ensuring all work is in accordance with company, industry and HSE standards and requirements.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng status in Canada
- 5 plus years of engineering and manufacturing experience with a significant background in oilfield equipment
- Design experience with wellhead equipment and API 6A would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD and Finite Element Analysis. ProEngineer preferred.
- Familiarity with AutoCad
- PC literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- Solid work ethic and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.