District Engineer (25662) Bryan, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the Engineering Department in the district. Job duties include supervising technical aspects of wellsite stimulation services to ensure customers are provided with superior service quality. Responsible for overall technical quality of district operations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in any particular order)
- Recommends job procedures on individual wells to enhance labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, service quality and safety.
- Work with Operations Management to set proper pricing on engineering proposals to enhance profitability.
- Develop and recommend engineering policies with the Fracturing Department.
- Responsible for pre-job design and real-time analysis of FRAC jobs.
- Responsible for quality control of wellsite technical applications.
- Provide technical support to clients and FRAC crews.
- Propose and write stimulation treatment procedures.
- Client sales calls as needed.
- Present monthly performance reports as requested by District Manager.
- Ensure all direct reports understand and comply with Standard Operating Procedures, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- May be required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Provide orientation and on-the-job training for subordinates and ensure that the authority and responsibility for each position is defined and understood.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Engineering preferred with minimum 5 years Fracturing/ Stimulation experience in service company or oilfield operating company.
- Proficient in running analytical software in a real-time mode.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Valid drivers license.
- Satisfactory driving record as defined inDriver Qualification Policy HRD-12.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
- Some travel required.
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.