Operations Supervisor (21579) Dickinson, North Dakota
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Direct and coordinate program activities designed to ensure effective and economical support for production of Weatherford goods and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct personnel with respect to production, volume, cost, and quality.
- Ensure materials, goods, labor, equipment, and/or supplies, are delivered in good order at an optimum time and cost.
- Provides subcontractors, suppliers, management, and customers with logistics technology that ensures effective and economical support.
- Analyze contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from conceptual stage through life-cycle of product.
- Develop and implementing program activities, coordinating efforts of subcontractors, suppliers, production department, and field service personnel and resolving problems in area of logistics to ensure meeting of commitments.
- Review all Approval for Expenditures (AFE) for compliance with policy.
- Compiles data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistics activities.
- Determine logistic support sequences and time phasing, problems arising from location of operational area, and other factors, such as environmental and human factors affecting personnel.
- Delegate work to personnel to ensure effective and efficient results to satisfy customers.
- Arrange to have appropriate records prepared and maintained.
- Establish accountabilities and goals for personnel.
- With assistance from HR: recruit, hire, train staff, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2+ years in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing environment, work order flow, inventory control and scheduling
- General working computer knowledge
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Ability to delegate work effectively
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.