Logistics Manager - Canada (Edmonton) (24157) Edmonton, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford Canada is currently searching for a Logistic Manager to support all Canadian Operations. This position is ideally based in the Edmonton region. The Logistics Manager will provide logistical guidance and assists Weatherford locations in Canada with logistics planning, cost savings, and logistics issue resolutions. Adds value to upper management and the Global Supply Chain by developing logistics programs and identifying cost savings opportunities. Work within the Global Supply Chain; manufacturing, sourcing, procurement, inventory and asset management to identify key logistics requirements and to develop programs to drive timely and cost efficient transportation. Be the key logistics contact for Canada.
The Logistics Manager will work closely with the NAM Logistics Manager, developing logistics strategies for Canada. The successful individual will also be the key logistics contact in Canada for logistics issues resolution.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Capitalize on cost savings measures for Global Supply Chain. Develop reports for management that reflect progress on initiatives and goals.
- Work with NAM Logistics Manager to develop, implement, and guide Canadian logistics professionals in the attainment of corporate and team goals.
- In coordination with the Global Supply; is responsible for the development and delivery of logistics training materials to Canadian logistics
- personnel at the facility and product line level.
- Carrier management experience for domestic and international transportation modes (small package [ground and air], heavy air freight, LTL, flatbeds, hotshots, freight forwarders, ocean, ocean charters, air charters, rail, sand haulers, oversize and overweight shipments and projects.
- Work with NAM Logistics Manager to develop SOP’s and KPIs for 3rd party logistics service providers, hold regularly scheduled reviews, provide scorecards and review issues.
- Partner with Weatherford Trade Compliance and Legal entities to ensure movement of Weatherford’s equipment is in full conformity with and Canadian Customs laws and regulations and WFT’s Trade Compliance Procedures Manual.
- 8 -10 years of progressive responsibility in international and domestic logistics management
- Must work well in a matrix organization
- Must be able to work in ambiguous situations
- Hands-on experience in a leadership role driving a culture of change and continuous improvement
- Must be technically oriented
- Previous oil & gas experience an asset
- Air and Ocean charter experience
- Distribution warehouse/hub management experience preferred
- JDE experience an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.