QHSSE Area Manager (Western Canada) (26984) Calgary, Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Reporting directly to the Canada Region QHSSE Manager, the Western Canada QHSSE Manager will ensure that all Business Units within Western Canada seek to maintain the highest levels of professional risk management and loss control performance through common goals, procedures and practices.
The role requires demonstrating to stakeholders and external agencies, e.g. employees, clients and regulators that Weatherford Canada activities can and will be conducted in accordance with best practice and as a minimum will meet legislative requirements, with a focus on our employees, our customers and the public at large.
This role will be positioned in Calgary, Edmonton or Red Deer dependant on geographical location of successful incumbent.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a high performing team of Regional QHSSE Coordinators and other staff as required
- Provision of risk management support to the required business units to achieve a common QHSSE program for the Business Unit.
- Support the promotion, stewardship and implementation Weatherford’s Operational Excellence Performance System (OEPS) across multiple business Units.
- Development of QHSSE awareness within the Region and Projects.
- Liaison with clients, third parties, Regional QHSSE and other internal clients (e.g. R&D, training and other Product Lines) to support and enhance QHSSE understanding and engagement.
- Provision of monthly and other reports regarding QHSSE performance for the Geography/Business Unit.
- Manage business related costs and expenditures with the responsible area.
- Ensuring incident escalation, investigations and follow-up is conducted in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaison with regulatory and industry bodies.
- Support the maintenance and development of QHSSE Regional Documents, Practices and Procedures as required.
- Auditing and monitoring as required in accordance with Corporate and Regional requirements
- 5+ years QHSSE relevant experience, QHSSE diploma/certification or professional designation such as CRSP
- Ability to lead change. Translate Weatherford’s vision of the organization into the context of a specific change initiative and can bring this message to the organization. Able to adapt approach to meet the applicable audience
- 5 – 10 years operational field experience in the upstream and/or downstream oil industry preferred
- Dynamic and proactive, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong leadership & organizational skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the month. May have to respond to emergency situations immediately
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Working knowledge of safety codes, OHS regulations, Provincial, and Municipal health regulations, hazardous materials, and emergency preparedness
- Passionate about QHSSE with a desire to affect change
- Operational and risk management experience
- Previous experience at supervisory level within major oil companies or regulatory agencies is an asset
- Good understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean abstract
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.