Plunger Lift Technician, Production Systems - Fort St John (22577) Canada
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry. Turn to Weatherford for attentive service and Tactical Technology™ designed to maximize the value of your oil and gas assets. The change will do you goodSM
Weatherford is a recognized industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and deployment of oilfield products aiding oil and gas productions world wide and takes pride in the distribution, sales and service of quality products.
The successful candidate, based in Fort St John, BC, will be able to work unsupervised in an outdoor setting traveling to and from customer locations and have experience relating to all duties and objectives relating to servicing of plunger lift. They will be competent in booking their own work assignments, troubleshooting wells and identifying changes that require further investigation that would lead to optimization of a well. Equivalencies and competencies in other related areas of the Oilfield Industry will also be considered. Less experienced candidates will also be also considered at the entry level position to the company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Demonstrated competency with the following:
- Safe Installation of a complete plunger lift system including all optional components
- Being able to fully explain to the customer- all operations of the equipment
- Servicing of various plunger lift wells including continuous flow and convention applications
- Demonstrated level of confidence to the customer
- Basic understanding of a wells flowing characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data related to a wells performance and subsequent capability to measure its flow.
- Basic knowledge of a wells operation.
- Basic knowledge and capability of mandatory company reporting requirements
- Base knowledge and understanding of velocity calculations to recommend plunger arrival times to a customer
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Capability of travelling to well sites (company vehicle) within Fort St John region.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated computer skills/ ability to operate laptop computer system
- Valid class 5 operators license in good standing
- All related oil/gas safety certificates as designated by the company and industry/ customer standards.
- Capability of working overtime and weekends as required
- Effective communicator with customers/ fellow employees
- Demonstrated and effective problem solver
- Quality first attitude
- Ability to follow set work instructions both from binder and computer.
- Familiarity with work process and ability to anticipate the next step Safety minded individual, willingness and commitment to receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Successfully completing required safety courses as designated by Weatherford
- Attention to detail
- Being able to work as part of a team in a team atmosphere
- Prior oilfield experience an asset
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development.