Driver II (Crane Operator) (22311) Odessa, Texas
One of the largest oilfield services companies, Weatherford operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide. With a product and service portfolio that spans the life cycle of a well— drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention— and a robust research and development effort, we are well positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the oil and gas industry.
Under general supervision, operate traveling or stationary crane to lift, move and position loads.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all crane equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures during all crane operations.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Inspect all cranes annually for defective parts and/or malfunctions.
- Perform safety inspection of crane daily prior to use.
- May troubleshoot and repair the crane with assistance from the mechanic or EWS technician.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork neatly and accurately.
- Available on 24 Hour call to respond to customer needs.
- Make sure truck is loaded properly.
- Check weight of shipment before leaving.
- Bind load properly
- Maintain vehicle at all times.
- Ensure truck has proper and current inspections.
- Comply with all D.O.T. laws at all times.
- Perform occasional Hot-Shot runs or local pick-up and delivery.
- Maintain driver qualification records and driving records.
- Assist shop technicians when not driving.
- 0-1 year experience driving trucks
- Must have general knowledge of rules and regulations governing truck drivers
- Maintain a CDL Class B (Class A preferred) drivers license.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Must be a certified crane inspector
- Knowledge and experience level to perform all Rigger III job duties
- Basic knowledge of mechanics and electronics
- Multi-tasking skills to accomplish various duties
- Maintains crane operator certification (Large and Small Crane)
- Maintains crane inspector certification
The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.